Interpret a Poem
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Visually interpret a poem.
This is an artwork where MEANING plays a big role.
No, it cannot be a song.
Spend 3+ hours on this project over the next week.
- Analyze and interpret a poem
- Think outside the box -- exercise your inventiveness
- Generate ideas through brainstorming
- Showcase your skills/strengths
- Personal Investment
- Visual Impact - Use of Principles of Design, Color Theory, etc.
- Expression/Communication - Getting at the heart of the poem
- Overall Technical Quality
- Read several poems. Find one that engages you; that you find moving or inspiring or intriguing or weird and evocative.
- Consider the multiple meanings of the poem. Read between the lines.
- Consider how you will approach it; what materials, what techniques, what color scheme. The materials and techniques you use are up to you. Yes, it could be three-dimensional. Yes, it could be a dress.
- Make rough drafts that get at the heart of the poem. Develop strong compositions and work on the artworks emotional expressiveness.
- Develop your best draft. Experiment as you work. Take risks. Be willing to change your ideas and your approach as you work.