Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Create an artwork that conveys a personal interpretation of the theme "Risks and Rewards". How do these concepts apply to teens?
Your work will be on exhibit in the main lobby of the TedXYouth Conference. Students whose work is displayed on the day of the event will receive recognition in their official program.
Any (including drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpture, or graphic design)
- It may include the words "Risk and Rewards", but avoid any other words. Make your statement with imagery rather than with writing.
- Devote at least two or three hours on this artwork.
- (The official logo for the event is on the image above. You may include something like it in your own work if you choose.)
- Concept and Communication -- Expressiveness
- Design -- Application of Principles of Design -- contrast, balance, emphasis, harmony/unity, variety, movement, etc.
- Technical Quality -- Skillful use of materials and techniques; Should look refined, polished, professional
- Personal Investment
Below are some visual concepts to help your creative brainstorming: