Illustrate an essential part of a myth, fairy tale, or fable, using color pencil, with a foreground, middle ground, and background.
- The main figure(s) must be at least 1/2 the height of the picture plane.
- Consider the figure/ground relationship, and include a foreground, middle-ground, and background.
- Must show the changes in color as objects go back in space, using atmospheric/aerial perspective
- Must be worthy of inclusion in a portfolio
- Create the illusion of depth using atmospheric perspective (also called aerial perspective), so that the color is more intense/saturated and typically warmer as it is closer to the viewer, and softer, paler, and cooler as for objects that are farther away.
- Create a clear visual focus/emphasis for your narrative by size, placement, contrast, and detail.
- Develop technical skill with color pencils -- Blending, saturation level, smoothness, detail, and refinement.
Medium: Color Pencil on Paper
Dimensions: Sketchbook size (11 x 14") or larger)
Look at many examples of professional illustration of subjects such as these, but, of course, do not copy.