Typed, printed, and also emailed to Mr. Ratkevich by Friday, May 3. Printed on a single sheet of letter-sized paper and included in exhibition.
Artist Statement -- Assignment Description
Your complete concentration series is due (extended to) Monday, May 6
Concentration Series -- Assignment Description
Due Thursday, May 9: Refined pen & ink invitation to the Portfolio Exhibition reception
Pen & Ink Invitation -- Assignment Description
Examples of Invitations
Prepare work for display -- Mount on black paper or matted; velcro coins on back or wired for hanging in gallery; labelled with titles and media where necessary
Due Thursday, May 16
Create a name plate that will serve as the masthead of your display space at the Portfolio Exhibition. It should reflect who you are, be well designed and well executed.
Name Design -- Assignment Description
Completed (all work up and arranged) by Tuesday, May 21
Directions for Exhibition Set Up
During first third week of May, you will be hanging your work in your assigned space in the Lower Library, on the wheeled, carpeted panels and display easels. If you have specific needs regarding space (tables, corner of room, etc.) or the type of panels (lightweight carpet-covered or heavy board), please let me know.
- Include your artist statement.
- Include your name design (approx. 8 x 16")
- Include your entire concentration
- Include your best work from the past two years
- Bring refreshments. We will consult with one another about what you'll be bringing.
- Invite friends and family members.
- Be at the daytime and evening receptions.
- Daytime: Wednesday, May 22, Period 7 (for students and faculty)
- Evening: Wednesday, May 22, 6 - 7:30 pm (for family and community)
Preparation and Layout
You can begin preparing your work as soon as you'd like. Work should be prepped (matted, mounted on black or white paper, or otherwise looking good). The pieces should be spaced equally and aligned well. For the wheeled panels, consider the panel as you would if you were designing a page in graphic design. Lay it out in advance on the floor, then transfer the work onto the panel. For the walls in the gallery, center the work approximately 58" from the ground.
Sign Up to Bring Food or Drink
Invite Friends and Family
Once you have turned in your invitation and it has been scanned by me, send it out to your friends and family via email and printed copies.
Burlington High School Thirteenth Annual Portfolio Exhibition
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
TIme: 6:00pm - 7:30 pm
Place: Burlington High School, Lower Library
Address: 123 Cambridge Street
Work by students in Portfolio and AP Studio Art.
Free. Refreshments will be provided.
Parking in the faculty lot to the left of the building.
Before Seniors' last day, seniors will:
- Clean-up work spaces; return of all materials and equipment
Juniors will be involved in a few media exploration projects following the exhibition
- Clean-up work spaces; return of all materials and equipment; gather materials for summer work
- AP Summer Work