**Detailed descriptions of the assignments follow after the dates below.**
Friday, June 1
- Due: Concentration
Wednesday, June 6
- Due: Artist Statement (Essay about Concentration)
- Due: Invitation
Classwork in final week:
- Clean-up work spaces; return of all materials and equipment; gather materials for summer work
- AP Summer Work
Wednesday, June 13
- Name Design for Exhibition Space (name, done artistically)
- Completion of Set Up of Exhibition
Friday, June 15 (Friday), Period 2
- Portfolio Exhibition (daytime) -- You will host
Monday, June 18 (Monday)
- Portfolio Exhibition (evening) -- You will host (bring food, be there) -- This will take the place of a final exam.
Tuesday, June 19
- Last class day
Your complete concentration series is due Friday, June 1, 2018
Concentration Series -- Assignment Description
Typed and emailed to Mr. Ratkevich by Wednesday, June 6. Printed on a single sheet of letter-sized paper and included in exhibition.
Artist Statement -- Assignment Description
Also due Wednesday, June 6: Refined pen & ink invitation to the Portfolio Exhibition reception
Pen & Ink Invitation -- Assignment Description
Examples of Invitations
Prepare work for display -- Mount on black paper or matted; velcro coins on back or wired for hanging in gallery; labelled with titles and media where necessary
Due Wednesday, June 13
Create a name plate that will serve as the masthead of your display space at the Portfolio Exhibition. It should reflect who you are, be well designed and well executed.
Name Design -- Assignment Description
Completed (all work up and arranged) by Wednesday, June 13
Directions for Exhibition Set Up
During first week of June, you will be hanging your work in your assigned space in the Cambridge Street Gallery. You may also use the wheeled, carpeted panels and display easels for additional space if needed. If you have specific needs regarding space (tables, corner of room, etc.) or the type of panels (lightweight carpet-covered or heavy board), please let me know.
- Include your artist statement.
- Include your name design (approx. 8 x 16")
- Include your entire concentration
- Include your best work from the past two years
- Bring refreshments. We will consult with one another about what you'll be bringing.
- Invite friends and family members.
- Be at the daytime and evening receptions.
- Daytime: Friday, June 15, Period 2 (for students and faculty)
- Evening: Monday, June 18, 6 - 7 pm (for family and community)
Preparation and Layout
You can begin preparing your work as soon as you'd like. Work should be prepped (matted, mounted on black or white paper, or otherwise looking good). The pieces should be spaced equally and aligned well. For the wheeled panels, consider the panel as you would if you were designing a page in graphic design. Lay it out in advance on the floor, then transfer the work onto the panel. For the walls in the gallery, center the work approximately 58" from the ground.
Sign Up to Bring Food or Drink
Invite Friends and Family
Once you have turned in your invitation and it has been scanned by me, send it out to your friends and family via email and printed copies.
Burlington High School Twelfth Annual Portfolio Exhibition
Date: Monday, June 18, 2018
TIme: 6 - 7 pm
Place: Burlington High School, Cambridge Street Gallery (across from school's cafeteria)
Address: 123 Cambridge Street
Work by Martello Cesar and Sophia Lupo.
Free. Refreshments will be provided.
Parking in the faculty lot to the left of the building.