I’ve looked into it, and many children’s hospitals accept greeting cards for their patients. This would be an excellent way for you to apply the skills you’ve been learning towards a greater purpose.
Monday, December 18, 2017
You will have three days to work on this in class. If not completed after that time, it will be completed for homework.
Create a unique, artistic greeting card for a holiday, season or event.
- Apply your understanding of color, composition and technique to an image with an expressive purpose.
- Create a unified, cohesive design that conveys the spirit of a special event or season.
- Be artistically expressive - Convey mood through color, style, and lettering.
- Be original and unique. Take risks. Do something inventive.
Any size appropriate for a greeting card.
- Originality, Innovation
- How unique is this?
- How special is it?
- How well does it convey the mood and message?
- Design (Visual Impact)
- Is it visually complex?
- Is it composed well?
- Will it catch and hold a viewer’s attention?
- Craftsmanship --
- Technical quality
- Quality of materials and supports (papers and boards)
- Cleanliness, neatness
- Quality of construction
See professional examples here: