- If you are in Portfolio, you have the option of completing instead the FOUR full tonal value drawings of your hand in different positions and gestures.
- If you are in AP Studio Art, you have the option of completing instead your second Concentration project.
Due: Morning of December 23
1 week (Trials, "rough drafts", and photographs of the process are due by Tuesday The final is due on or before the morning of Holiday Traditions on December 23.
We will present these at a table at Holiday Traditions.
Work collaboratively (with one or two partners) to plan, design, an construct an original gingerbread sculpture/structure (The more partners you have, the more ambitious and involved the sculpture will be expected to be.).
EXTRA POINTS for showing a diversity of tradition. Use this traditionally Christmas-oriented craft to illustrate a different cutural tradition. (Art historical reference: Post-Modernism, a form of contemporary art that is a mashup of concepts, art styles, and art periods.).
At the end, you will give a brief explanation on each of your roles and responsibilities in the process.
Plan and execute a multi-piece construction that is structurally sound and has visual appeal.
- Ambition and Personal Investment
- Meet with your partners to plan your design and strategy
- Test out the process by baking and constructing -- experiment
When you believe you are close to completing this, ask yourself:
- In its present state, is this something you can put in your portfolio for college applications?