Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Create a narrative composition that uses subject and color to express a mood. This is to be a completely original, well-designed and well-crafted portfolio piece, rich in color and refined in technique.
- Oil pastels
- Large drawing paper (larger than sketchbook size; up to 18 x 24") - Paper could be white, toned, or color
- Pencil to draft
- Generate ideas/theme for personally expressive artwork.
- Improve your skills with composition to grab and hold people's attention.
- Use color expressively. Create a mood through color.
- Experiment. Try things out. Take risks.
These are all oil paintings from Pablo Picasso's Blue Period:
These are from Picasso's Rose Period:
Oil paintings by Henri Matisse:
Oil paintings by Marc Chagall: