Using chalk and charcoal on toned charcoal/pastel paper, draw a still life comprised of glass objects. You will use natural light (from the windows).
- Pencil (HB or 2B) for initial drawing
- 18 x 24" toned charcoal/pastel paper
- easel or mini-easel
- chalk pencil / white charcoal pencil
- glass objects
- Set up still life of glass objects.
- In your sketchbook, draw thumbnail sketches to establish composition.
- On 18 x 24" paper, establish placement and proportion, referring to best thumbnail for general arrangement on the page.
- Using the tone of the paper as one of your middle tones, render higher values using chalk.
- Render darkest values with charcoal.
- Strength of composition
- Accuracy of shapes, placement, proportion, direction of lines, and tonal values.
- Convincing three-dimensionality/form
- Overall technical quality / mark-making - Refinement